Emergency contraception is generally the ‘morning after pill’, which is a drug that prevents ovulation, or fertilization, or both. The emergency contraceptive pill may also inhibit implantation after fertilization. An intrauterine device which is usually a method of primary contraception is sometimes used for emergency contraception as well.More...
- Symptoms After Going Off Birth Control Pills
- Side Effects Of Stopping Contraceptive
- When Do Oral Contraceptives Become Effective ?
- All Natural Birth Control Pills
- Effect Of Vitamin C On Birth Control Pills
- Emergency Contraceptives
- Lactic Acid Jelly Contraceptive
- Science Controversy For Birth Control
- What Are Contraceptives That Can Protect You From A STD ?
- Why Is The Female Contraceptive Pill So Effective ?
All pharmacists are required to stock Plan B or emergency contraception tablets, also known as the ‘morning-after’ pill. While it is called morning after, in fact it is effective for 12 hours after intercourse. Any male or female over the age of 18 is eligible to buy Plan B across the counter and without a prescription. Anyone below the age of 18 should be referred to a health care provider for a prescription. More...
A spermicide is an aid to contraception that comes in several different forms like gels, foams, creams, suppositories and films. Spermicides are in no way fool proof and hence are recommended for use with another more positive form of contraceptive like a condom, cervical cap or diaphragm. The spermicide contains an ingredient nonoxymol-9 which is a chemical that immobilizes and kills sperm before they can enter the vagina and upwards to the uterus. More...
- Can You Bathe After Using Spermicide ?
- Does Spermicide Kill Pre Existing Sperm ?
- Failure Rate Of Spermicide Without Diaphragm
- Names Of Spermicide
- Side Effects For Spermicide
- Spermicide Allergy Symptoms In Women
- Spermicide And Lactic Acid
Family planning entails planning when to have children. It also deals with birth control and other methods to carry out these plans. It is using effective methods of birth control to limit the number of children one wants to have and also space the children by timing pregnancy.More...