Many people suffer from tooth sensitivity. In fact, in America nearly 45 million adults have sensitive teeth. Teeth sensitivity causes a sharp pain when a person drinks or eats hot, cold or sour foods or drinks. This condition usually occurs because the enamel has worn away and the underlying dentin is exposed.Tooth Sensitivity and Natural Causes:
One of the main reasons for tooth sensitivity is brushing too hard and causing damage to the tooth and gums. However, there are natural causes also. One natural cause for tooth sensitivity is aging. As a person ages, the gums start receding and this exposes the root of the tooth. If the person then brushes too hard, he will end up eroding the protective cementum layer of the root and exposing them completely. This ends up making the tooth sensitive.
Grinding of teeth when sleeping, a condition known as bruxism, can cause the enamel to wear off and thereby exposing the dentin leading to tooth sensitivity.
There is no cure for tooth sensitivity due to natural causes. The only option that a person has is to reduce the sensation. This can be done by ensuring good oral hygiene, using soft bristled toothbrush to brush teeth, using toothpaste for sensitive teeth, using fluoridated dental products and avoiding the consumption of highly acidic foods and drinks. In addition, regular visits to the dentist should be undertaken so that you get your teeth cleaned professionally and take fluoride treatment every 6 months. However, if your tooth sensitivity is really bad, you should get fluoride treatment done more often than every 6 months.
More Articles :
- Does Using Mouthwash Increase Tooth Sensitivity ?
- Does Vinegar Make Teeth Sensitive ?
- Fluoride Concentrate For Sensitive Teeth
- How Are Teeth Sensitive ?
- Sensitive Tooth After Crown Put On Tooth
- Tooth Sensitivity After Brushing With Baking Soda
- Tooth Sensitivity And Natural Cause
- Tooth Sensitivity With New Toothpaste Brand
- Tooth Splinting And Sensitivity
- Tooth Suddenly Cold Sensitive
- Where Can I Find Natural Toothpaste For Sensitive Teeth ?