There are some people who suddenly start experiencing cold sensitivity. If your tooth is suddenly cold sensitive, it is something that you should sit up and take note of. Usually if the sensitivity lasts only for a few moments, it means that you have a loose filling.
This can be rectified by visiting the dentist and getting the loose filling out and a fresh filling put in its place.
The other reason for tooth to suddenly become cold sensitive is your gums pulling away slightly from your tooth. This is known as gum recession and it usually occurs with brushing too hard. When the gum pulls away, it exposes the surface of the root and this results in sensitivity.
For tooth sensitivity caused due to loose filling or gum recession, use desensitizing toothpaste to reduce the sensitivity. This will help you tremendously. However, a desensitizing toothpaste only starts showing effect after 4 to 6 weeks.
If you crack your tooth while eating something hard, it can cause the tooth to become sensitive to cold. This too is a sudden onset. Usually you will have no associated pain with the crack but when you bite something, the pain can be present. The treatment for crack tooth usually depends on the location and the extent of the crack.
A cavity can also cause sudden onset of tooth sensitivity. The usual treatment is removing the decayed part and then restoring the missing part of the tooth by way of a filling. However, if the decay has reached the pulp of the tooth where the nerves and blood vessels are present, the only option that the dentist will have is performing a root canal or extracting the tooth.
More Articles :
- Does Using Mouthwash Increase Tooth Sensitivity ?
- Does Vinegar Make Teeth Sensitive ?
- Fluoride Concentrate For Sensitive Teeth
- How Are Teeth Sensitive ?
- Sensitive Tooth After Crown Put On Tooth
- Tooth Sensitivity After Brushing With Baking Soda
- Tooth Sensitivity And Natural Cause
- Tooth Sensitivity With New Toothpaste Brand
- Tooth Splinting And Sensitivity
- Tooth Suddenly Cold Sensitive
- Where Can I Find Natural Toothpaste For Sensitive Teeth ?