In malnutrition, the body does not get the required about of vitamins and essential mineral to keep the body healthy. Due to malnutrition, many health-related problems can occur. One of main effects of malnutrition is on the cardiovascular system.
Earlier doctors used to believe that effects of malnutrition on the cardiovascular system were non-existent. However, this has been proved wrong. The effects of malnutrition on the cardiovascular system have been recorded. People who do eat enough proteins and energy-giving foods tend to show a loss of myocardial muscle. This in turn affects the way the heart functions as its ability to pump blood efficient reduces leading to many other health-related complications.
Even today the effect of protein and calorie malnutrition on the cardiovascular system is not that well understood by doctors. The reason for this is that this type of malnutrition rarely leads to heart failure. Instead the patient shows a reduced demand for oxygen for various bodily functions. Improving nutrition in patients suffering from cardiac cachexia and arrhythmia can show significant improvement in their condition.
The bottom line is that effects of malnutrition on cardiovascular system are profound. The heart functions reduce and various other compensatory mechanisms start acting. This could explain why many people suffering from malnutrition do not ever show signs of heart failure. Malnourished people suffer from decreased blood pressure, heart rate, blood volume and lower metabolism.However, doctors have found out that people suffering from malnutrition invariably have chronic heart failure, which can lead to myocardial atrophy.
More Articles :
- Benefits Of A Strong And Healthy Cardiovascular System
- Cardiovascular Disease In New Mom
- Cardiovascular Endurance Definition
- Effects Of Malnutrition On Cardiovascular System
- How Does Cardiovascular Disease Happen
- How Does The Cardiovascular System Work
- Study On Exercise And Cardiovascular Health
- What Are The Effects Of Cardiovascular Disease
- What Are The Parts Of The Cardiovascular System
- What Does Cardiovascular Fitness Mean
- Women And Cardiovascular Training