Cause Of Brain Strokes

Cause Of Brain Strokes

According to a study, there are some thousands of people who get brain strokes and it varies in severity. Nearly 20 percent of heart patients are prone to a brain stroke. A popular study led by the World Health Organization suggests that strokes can be the primary cause of disability in people.

It has been observed that more than 70 percent of the stroke victims who have survived remain impaired in one way or the other. Nearly 30 percent require assistance with their day to day activities.

However, compared to a heart attack, people are less aware of the brain stroke and its potentiality. Both are equally debilitating, but there is more information available on a heart attack than a brain stroke. Many people are not even aware of the symptoms and what causes a brain stroke. If they do, they do not know what they should do to cope with the illness. Some people think that it could be a hopeless situation and the patients just die after a brain stroke. 

In case a stroke victim does receive the emergency care at the right time and within the first three hours after the first stroke occurs, it is likely that disability could be avoided. Also, long-term ill effects of a stroke can be avoided and greatly reduced. Unfortunately, not many people recognize the symptoms that warn of a possible stroke.

Though not all symptoms of a brain stroke are known, some of them are headaches, confusion, dizziness, fainting, anxiety, and change in behavior, seizures and epileptic attacks. Brain strokes are mainly caused due to a blocked or ruptured blood vessel which leads to a lack of oxygen and blood supply.

More Articles :

Cause Of Brain Strokes