The American Stroke Association (ASA) has listed out some common symptoms of a stroke and using them one could learn the warning signs of a stroke. Here are the symptoms as listed by the ASA:
- A sudden numbness or weakness in the face, arms or legs. Especially when it occurs on one side of the body
- A sudden confusion or trouble speaking and understanding is a warning sign of stroke.
- Loss of vision or troubles with it in one eye or both the eyes can be a sign of stroke.
- If you experience sudden trouble while walking, or feeling dizzy, and suffering from loss of balance, then it could be a strong signal of a stroke.
- A headache that occurs suddenly without any known cause.
However, most of the symptoms of stroke coincide with several other symptoms and it becomes very difficult for a person to tell if they are exactly stroke symptoms. For example, a person will find it difficult to tell the difference between an anxiety attack and a stroke. This is the main reason for people to get medical help in a delayed fashion. Several deaths occur due to the delay caused by people waiting. When a person is having a stroke, every single second counts and also, the sooner a person gets medical help, the chances of recovery will be more.
If a person has had a stroke once, then the chances of recurrence are much higher unless he or she has started leading a healthy lifestyle. People who have already suffered from a stroke are given blood thinning medicines to avoid future recurrences. Also, they are advised a complete change in their lifestyle to one that includes exercise, healthy diet and habits.
More Articles :
- Cause Of Brain Strokes
- How Many People Die Each Year From Heat Stroke ?
- National Stroke Statistics Information
- Stroke Symtoms In Dogs
- Stroke Warning Sign
- Symptoms Before A Stroke
- Symptoms Of A Massive Stroke
- What Are Some Interesting Facts About Stroke ?
- What Are The Long Term Effects Of A Stroke ?
- What Does A Stroke Feel Like ?
- What Happens To The Body During A Stroke ?