Even though transient ischemic attacks (TIAs) do not leave any residual effects, they are detectable by the patient or even by some of the sophisticated medical tests. TIAs or mini strokes can translate into a major stroke. As a result, however, it is extremely critical and important for a person who suffers such an attack to get immediate medical treatment.
Several researchers have noted that most people wait a week or even longer to get medical attention, and fail to see a doctor even after noticing many of the symptoms, after suffering from a TIA. The risk that they are taking is immense as they can end up suffering from a serious stroke. Most stroke attacks take place in people who are over 60, and many of them may even dismiss the symptoms, that last for a short period of time, incorrectly and believe they are merely signs of aging.
Patients who experience a transient ischemic attack are typically people who have the same symptoms similar to those suffering from strokes. However, the symptoms last only for a few minutes or up to an hour before the patient recovers as if nothing ever happened.
Symptoms that occur suddenly and without warning are severe sweating and even this can vary widely from person to person.
Here are some of the classic symptoms of stroke that can actually vary from person to person:
- Confusion is common to several diseases and also for stroke and it can be a slurred or garbled speech and sometimes difficulty understanding.
- Numbness, weaknesses are all signs of paralysis of the face, or arm or leg, and especially on single side of the body.
- Blindness can occur in eyes or even double vision.
More Articles :
- Can Anticep Prevent Mini Strokes ?
- Can Thyroid Problems Cause Mini Strokes ?
- Cause And Effects Of Mini Strokes
- Does Brain Seizure Look Like A Mini Stroke ?
- How Many Mini Strokes Can You Have ?
- Mini Stroke Symptoms
- Mini Stroke Warning Signs
- Multiple Mini Strokes
- Personality Changes From Mini Strokes
- Signs Of A Mini Stroke
- Stress And Mini Stroke
- Test That Can Show If A Patient Had A Mini Stroke
- Treatment For Mini Strokes In Brain
- What Causes A Mini Stroke ?