Nearly 10 percent of the strokes are always followed by TIA (transient ischemic attack), also known as a mini stroke. A person who has had one or more TIA in his life is also 10 times more vulnerable and likely to have a stroke. As a result, TIA is considered as one of the important stroke warning signs.
It is imperative that a person never ignore the signs of a mini stroke. Instead he should always seek medical assistance the moment the signs appear.
When you notice symptoms that are similar to a stroke, grab the phone without delay to call 911. When a person is having a stroke every single second counts. Invariably it is the delay in seeking medical assistance that causes stroke-related disability and death.
There are some very typical symptoms and signs of a mini stroke that one can use to identify whether they are suffering from a mini stroke or not.
- Strokes may cause numbness or weakness suddenly on the face, and limbs. This can happen especially only on one side of the body
- There can also be confusion, and loss of memory, or consciousness. And, all this might happen suddenly.
- The person may have difficulty with speech and in understanding others
- A sudden loss of vision or poor vision in one or both eyes
- The person may experience trouble walking, suffer from bouts of dizziness, and experience sudden loss of balance, or arm and eye coordination
- Sudden headaches with no prior cause
- Nausea and vomiting may also come suddenly along with the symptoms mentioned above
More Articles :
- Can Anticep Prevent Mini Strokes ?
- Can Thyroid Problems Cause Mini Strokes ?
- Cause And Effects Of Mini Strokes
- Does Brain Seizure Look Like A Mini Stroke ?
- How Many Mini Strokes Can You Have ?
- Mini Stroke Symptoms
- Mini Stroke Warning Signs
- Multiple Mini Strokes
- Personality Changes From Mini Strokes
- Signs Of A Mini Stroke
- Stress And Mini Stroke
- Test That Can Show If A Patient Had A Mini Stroke
- Treatment For Mini Strokes In Brain
- What Causes A Mini Stroke ?