Ovarian cancer is an abnormal and uncontrolled growth of cells in the ovaries. And sometimes, the cancer can spread from the ovary to other organs through the bloodstream or the lymphatic system. Ovarian cancer is of two types -- epithelial ovarian cancer and non-epithelial ovarian cancer.
There are many different types of epithelial cancer but they are all treated in the same manner. Non-epithelial ovarian cancer is not so common and includes germ cell cancer, the cells that are responsible for making eggs in the ovary.
Does ovarian cancer cause ovary pain? Well, initially most women have no symptoms. But some women have generic symptoms like pain in the lower abdomen and a feeling of being bloated. Many doctors associate the pain in the abdomen with pain with in ovary. Therefore, it can be said that yes, ovarian cancer causes ovary pain. Other symptoms of ovarian cancer are as follows:
- Loss of appetite
- Weight gain without any plausible reason
- Swelling in the abdomen
- Unusual vaginal bleeding
- Pain during intercourse
- Constipation, diarrhea or frequent urination
The treatment protocol for ovarian cancer depends on the type of cancer and how much it has spread. The bottom line is that most women will experience ovary pain when they have ovarian cancer. However, the pain could be due to the cancer or the treatment methods used. Even ovary pain depends on certain factors which include the type of cancer, the stage of the cancer and patient's pain threshold.
Women suffering from pain can take pain medication but they should first consult their healthcare provider.
More Articles :
- Ovarian Cancer Symptoms
- Beginning Symptoms Of Ovarian Cancer
- Does Ovarian Cancer Cause Ovary Pain ?
- Homeopathic Remedies For Ovarian Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer And Scar Tissue Pain
- Ovarian Cancer Test Prediction
- Survivor Stories Of Women With Ovarian Cancer
- What Does Ovarian Cancer Look Like On Ultrasound ?
- Acupuncture And Ovarian Cancer
- Death From Ovarian Cancer
- Growth Rate Of Ovarian Cancer
- How To Avoid Ovarian Cancer ?
- Ovarian Cancer And Effects
- Ovarian Cancer During Pregnancy