Ovarian cancer does not develop at much higher rates during pregnancy. It has been estimated by certain studies that out of 18,000 near about 1 pregnant woman may develop this disease. The symptoms at this stage are also similar to those during non pregnancy stages.
Some of the common symptoms that may be seen at this stage include ovary twisting on the blood supply, leakage, bleeding, rupture or any kind of infection. Ovarian mass is also detected during pregnancy, and based on the time when it is formed, it might or might not be detected even by the physician on abdominal examination. Even though if it is detected, there are several factors to be considered for its operation. For instance it is given a few thoughts before actually operating it as physicians believe that it is better to examine it carefully through periodic examinations as well as ultrasounds before operating it directly.
It is quite important to note that ovarian cancer during pregnancy is detected much earlier than it is otherwise. This is because of the fact that during this period, the patient is seeking medical help on regular basis. This makes it easier to detect as well as treat this disease much faster as compared to other situations. As far as the treatment measures during this period are concerned, they are quite similar to those taken during normal circumstances. The foremost measure is surgery but what is to be considered here is its suitable time. If the suspicion regarding the development of this disease is lower, then the surgery may be done later but in case it has been proved higher by the tests then it is done as early as possible.
More Articles :
- Ovarian Cancer Symptoms
- Beginning Symptoms Of Ovarian Cancer
- Does Ovarian Cancer Cause Ovary Pain ?
- Homeopathic Remedies For Ovarian Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer And Scar Tissue Pain
- Ovarian Cancer Test Prediction
- Survivor Stories Of Women With Ovarian Cancer
- What Does Ovarian Cancer Look Like On Ultrasound ?
- Acupuncture And Ovarian Cancer
- Death From Ovarian Cancer
- Growth Rate Of Ovarian Cancer
- How To Avoid Ovarian Cancer ?
- Ovarian Cancer And Effects
- Ovarian Cancer During Pregnancy