As per an analysis by the National Cancer Institute, diet related habits are cause of 33 percent of all cancer related deaths. But correct diet habits can be as helpful as wrong ones are harmful. Most of the food materials available in general stores are imbibed with cancer fighting properties. The catch is not to rely on any single food stuff but have as much variety as possible. Right kind of balanced diet not only helps in stopping cancer cell growth but also in reducing size of tumor.
Prostate cancer patient's diet should be ideal mix of fruits and vegetables. Some of the essential healthy supplements are Green tea, Selenium, Melatonin, Lycopene, Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E and also Folic Acid. All these supplements ensure patient is getting required nutrients. Also intake of cold-water fish like tuna, mackerel and salmon provides Omega 3 fatty acids which are important for prostate cancer patients. It is advisable to use olive oils instead of conventional oils in the food to stay free from cholesterol.
In addition to these, Cruciferous vegetables, namely Broccoli, Cabbage, Kale, Brussels sprouts and Cauliflower, are rich in anti prostate cancer antioxidants namely lutein and zeaxanthin. Some weak non steroidal estrogens called phytoestrogen are present in Soy products like Tofu which helps in reducing prostate cancer. Soy products contain isoflavones which inhibits growth of cancerous cells. But care should be taken regarding consumption of Soy. If intake is restricted to 5 ounces of Tofu or Soy, it is well and good. But consumption in high quantity leads to hormonal imbalances which in turn can increase cancerous growth.
More Articles :
- Alternative Treatment For Metastesised Prostate Cancer
- Cause Of Prostate Cancer
- Experimental Treatments For Advanced Prostate Cancer
- How Long Do You Live With Prostate Cancer ?
- Latest Treatment On Prostate Cancer
- Natural Herbal Cures For Prostate Cancer
- Natural Vitamins To Cure Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer Warning Signs
- Side Effects Of Prostate Cancer Radiation Treatments
- Stem Cells And Prostate Cancer
- What Is The Best Cure For Prostate Cancer ?