Red puffiness under the eye is mostly caused due to fluid retention in our eyes and usually occurs during sleep.
The eyelids can become irritated as they are quite sensitive to various factors. The retention of fluid causing swelling under the eyes is due to various reasons including hormonal changes and pregnancy.
Other factors causing red puffiness under the eye are as follows:
- The eyelids are quite sensitive and get irritated. This can cause redness and itching. This is primarily due to allergies. There are various reasons for allergies including linen fabric, dust, feather pillows and pollen.
- High blood pressure can also lead to swelling under the eyes. High blood pressure pushes fluids into the tissues around the eyes.
- Be careful if you are using skincare products. Some sub-standard products can cause an allergic reaction and can affect eyelids.
- Thyroid problems and kidney infections also result in red puffiness under the eye.
- Other problems such as chalazions (tiny tumors in the eyelids) and orbital cellulitis and infection of the orbital tissue can cause red puffiness of the eye.
- Even aging causes your eyelids to swell. When a person gets older, his or her skin loses elasticity and this in turn leads to swollen red-looking eye lids.
- During menstruation there is a fluctuation in the hormone levels and this can result in water retention around the eyelids.
- Dehydration causes puffy eyes. When the body does not get enough water, it begins to store the available water and this causes puffiness of the eyes.
- Insufficient sleep causes swollen eyelids.
More Articles :