Anemia is a condition that is defined as a weakness created in the body due to the lack of nutrition. A person suffering from anemia suffers from severe fatigue, weak blood, tiredness, low energy and depression also.
Anemia makes the body weak because it is basically a blood deficiency and it causes the hemoglobin in the blood to decrease. The main function of hemoglobin is to carry oxygen to all the parts of the body.
The lack of oxygen causes the body parts to function improperly and hence, leading to over all weakness. Anemia is a condition that can be cured through basic medicines and diet. However, for that it has to be identified in its early stages. For a person who is severely anemic, the condition can become chronic leading to other dangers.
There are several causes for anemia and one of the leading causes is iron deficiency. Iron is a very important mineral for the body and most of the body processes including metabolism depends on it. There are several kinds of anemia too and the one that is caused due to iron deficiency is known as iron deficiency anemia.
The classic symptoms of anemia are craving for unusual things like ice, mud, and brittle nails. Soreness in mouth has also been identified as a common symptom. A person who is suspected of anemia should get immediate medical attention and also start on their medications a soon as possible to avoid leading it to a chronic condition. The other kinds of anemia which can occur are red blood cell anemia and sickle cell anemia.
More Articles :
- Can Anemia Be Cured Or Is A Chronic Condition ?
- Can Hyperthyroidism Cause Anemia ?
- Famous People With Sickle Cell Anemia
- Life Span Of Anemia
- Pregnancy And Anemia And Risk To Fetus
- Signs Of Anemia In Babies
- The Different Types Of Sickle Cell Anemia
- What Can Cause Iron Deficient In Anemia ?
- What Is The Prognosis Of Sickle Cell Anemia ?
- What Is The Treatment Of Sickle Cell Anemia ?
- What Types Of Medications Can Cause Anemia ?
- Who Discovered Sickle Cell Anemia ?