In agriculture, genetic engineering has improved strains and increased crops. It has made crops herbicide, disease and pest resistant.More...
Gregor Mendel is considered to be the father of genetics. He worked out a model of inheritance in human beings after a careful study. His conclusions were that inheritance depended on discrete units known as genes and followed certain well-defined laws. Some of those interesting aspects of human genetics are detailed below:More...
- Dangers Of Genetic Engineering
- Genetic Modified Foods Safety
- Genetic Traits In Dimples
- Interesting Human Genetic Facts
- Pros For Genetic Engineering In Humans
- Why Genetic Engineering Of Humans Is Good ?
RNA stands for ribonucleic acid. It is a molecule that is made up of nucleotides and is found inside the cell structure. Each nucleotide in an RNA is composed of a nitrogen base, ribosomal sugar and phosphate. RNA is quite similar to DNA, but differs in terms of structure and function.More...
- Dna And Rna Nucleotides
- Facts About Dna And Rna
- Food Sources Of Rna
- How Does Rna Differ From Dna ?
- How Is Rna Extracted ? In Plants ?
- How Is Rna Extracted ?
- Structural Differences Between Dna And Rna
- What Does Rna Stand For ?
- Where Is Rna Found ?
Sexual maturity in chimpanzees is only reached at the age of 8 or 9 years. The gestation period for a chimpanzee is about 230 to 240 days. Chimpanzees also give birth to twins like humans. The reproduction process in chimpanzee is very complicated. There have been several misconceptions about how chimpanzees mate.More...
- Asexual Reproduction Of Snails
- Banana Reproduction
- Chicken Reproduction
- Facts Of Plant Reproduction
- Hedgehog Reproduction
- Horse Reproduction System
- Reproduction Deer And Antlers
- Reproduction Of Eubacteria
- What Are Three Types Of Asexual Reproduction ?
Gregor Johann Mendel is known as the father of genetics because he was the one who discovered the laws of inheritance. He used a simple experiment that was based on studying the traits and characteristics of pea plants. Mendel mainly made his discoveries between 1857 and 1865 while he was working and living in a monastery.More...
- Experiments Of Gregor Mendel
- Interesting Facts About Gregor Mendel
- Laws Of Mendel
- Mendels Pea Plant Experiment
- What Advantages Did Mendel Enjoy By Choosing To Study The Garden Pea ?
- What Did Gregor Mendel Discover ?
- What Did Gregor Mendel Study ?
- Where Did Gregor Mendel Die ?