The thyroid is a small, butterfly-shaped gland that lies just above the collar bone at the front of the throat. This gland secretes hormones that regulate the body's metabolism, thereby affecting every cell in the human body. Thyroid cancer is a malignant tumor or growth located within the thyroid gland.More...
- Information On Thyroid Labratory Tests
- Synthesis And Transport Of Thyroid Hormones
- Underactive Thyroid Symptoms
- Why Would They Remove My Thyroid Because Of Atypical Cells ?
A complex relationship is known to exist between thyroid disease, body weight and metabolism. The amount of oxygen used by the body over a period of time is a measure of metabolism. Basal metabolic rate (BMR) is the metabolic rate when the body is at rest. More...
- Barium Sulfate And Hyperthyroidism
- Exercise Pathology And Hyperthyroidism
- Hyperthyroidism And Contrast Medium
- Hyperthyroidism And Weightloss
- Low Triglycerides And Hyperthyroidism
- Rare Hyperthyroidism Symptoms
- Recommended Diet For Cat With Hyperthyroidism
Hypothyroidism is a condition in which the thyroid gland is underactive and is unable to produce sufficient quantity of thyroid hormones. Hypothyroidism is a common thyroid disorder. A common cause for this condition is auto immune reaction of the body. The immune system in the body produces antibodies to fight thyroid cells by wrongly identifying them as invaders. This is also known as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. More...
- Does Hypothyroidism Depress Bone Marrow Function ?
- Hypothyroidism Causing Extreme Thirst
- Hypothyroidism In Adolescents
- Long Term Side Effects Of Hypothyroidism
- Natural Remedy For Canine Hypothyroidism
- Nutritional Correction Of Hypothyroidism
- Symptoms Of Severe Hypothyroidism
- Urine Odor And Hypothyroidism
- What Can Help Severe Muscle Pain And Hypothyroidism ?
The thyroid gland is an organ located at the base of the neck, just above the top of the breastbone. It is a soft, fleshy, flat piece of tissue shaped like a butterfly and is located in front of the trachea. The thyroid gland is formed during the first few weeks of a fetus' development and begins to produce its important hormone at the end of the third month of pregnancy. More...
- Average Size Of Thyroid Gland
- Can A Thyroid Gland Work Intermittently ?
- Does The Thyroid Gland Store Iron ?
- Does Too Much Iron Affect The Thyroid Gland ?
- Does Vitamin D Help The Thyroid Gland ?
- Effect Thyroid Gland On Cardiovascular Functions
- Herbs That Stimulate Thyroid Gland
- What Happens When You Do Not Have A Thyroid Gland ?
- What Hormone Does The Thyroid Gland Release ?