Hemophilia is a genetic disorder which damages the body’s ability to control coagulation. Certain genetic deficiencies and rare autoimmune disorders may lower plasma clotting factor levels of the coagulation factors in the blood which are required for normal clotting process, and this leads to hemophilia. More...
Hemophilia is a hereditary condition that is passed on through genes. It causes serious risks to the body by stopping the blood from clotting and also causing excessive bleeding. When a person bleeds profusely and the blood does not clot naturally, it is called hemorrhage.More...
- Family With Hemophilia Disorders
- Famous People With Hemophilia
- Prevalence Of Hemophilia In The World
- What Is Phenotypic Effects Of Hemophilia ?
- What Is The Genotype Of Hemophilia ?
- What Type Of Gene Mutation Causes Hemophilia ?
- Why Is Hemophilia Called The Golden Disease ?
Factor VIII is an essential blood clotting factor. In humans, Factor VIII is enclosed in F8 gene which is located on the X chromosome (Xq28). Defect in this gene results in hemophilia A, a hereditary blood coagulation disorder. Factor VIII is also known as anti-hemophilic factor. More...
It is believed that postpartum coagulation issues are one of the main causes of maternal deaths. Any woman who is pregnant beyond 20 weeks of gestation is at risk of postpartum hemorrhage and usually this occurs because of coagulation issues. The good news is that in developed countries postpartum hemorrhage has been controlled and this has led to decline in maternal death rates, but the same cannot be said for developing countries.More...
- Causes Of Rapid Blood Coagulation
- Coagulation Changes And Pregnancy
- Fruits That Prevent Coagulation
- Tissue Temperature For Coagulation
Blood clotting is a natural body mechanism that prevents excessive bleeding after a blood vessel has been injured. This process involves blood cells and fibrin strands, which form a clump to inhibit further loss of blood. Later, the formation of a scab protects the wounded blood vessel till it heals completely. More...
- Blood Clots Caused By Vitamin Deficiency
- Blood Clots Damaging Leg Valves
- Blood Clots In Elderly With Airplane Travel
- Elevated Estrogen Levels And Blood Clots
- What Does A Blood Clot Look Like ?
- What Is The Cure For Blood Clots ?