Blood sugar or glucose is what fuels the body. Glucose is the source of energy which is moved into the cells through a hormone called insulin, produced in the pancreas. Cells store slightly more glucose than is immediately required. Too much storage leads to obesity, especially if it is not burned off.
Blood sugar is the marker for diabetes. If after a heavy meal adequate insulin is not produced to drive the glucose into the cells, the glucose backs up resulting in a high level of blood sugar.
There are two types of diabetes. Type 1 is what a person is born with, and needs insulin from the start. In type 1, the pancreas does not produce insulin or does not produce it in the quantity in which it is required. Type 2 diabetes can be controlled without insulin shots.
High blood sugar can cause other damage apart from being the source of diabetes. It can result in heart disease, poor circulation, compromised eyesight or even lead to cancer. High levels of glucose can cause irreparable damage to organs, arteries and veins, and the wall of the veins.
High blood sugar can lead to dizziness. This happens when a person has gone a long while without eating and then indulges in a starchy or sugary meal. The glucose is transferred by insulin immediately into the cells. This burst of rapid energy leads to a sudden rise and fall in blood sugar. This dramatic undulation in glucose causes dizziness. The answer is to eat smaller and more meals through the day to counter what are known as sugar rushes.
More Articles :
- Beating The High Cost Of Blood Sugar Testing
- Borderline High Calcium And Blood Sugar Levels
- Can Eyes Become Puffy From High Blood Sugar ?
- Can Hyperthyroidism Cause High Blood Sugar ?
- Can You Feel Light Headed With High Blood Sugar ?
- Classic Symptoms Of Acute Hyperglycemia
- Diabetic Phase One With High Blood Sugar Count
- Diet And Exercise For Hyperglycemia
- Dizzy And High Blood Sugar
- Food That Makes Blood Sugars High
- High Blood Sugar And Liver Cancer
- High Blood Sugar And Organ Damage
- High Blood Sugar And Tiredness
- High Blood Sugar Leading To Weight Loss
- How To Control Very High Blood Sugars ?
- Hyperglycemia Herb
- Hyperglycemia Risk Complication
- Is There An Association Between Hyperglycemia And Obesity ?
- Skin Symptoms Of High And Low Blood Sugar
- Treatment For A Diabetic Who Has A High Blood Sugar Count
- What Diseases Have The Side Effect Of High Blood Sugars ?
- What Happens If My Blood Sugar Goes Too High ?
- What To Do When Your Blood Sugar Is To High ?