The treatment of bacterial prostatitis depends on which type of prostatitis the patient is suffering from. Some cases respond readily to antibiotics while others may require alternate medicines or even alpha-blockers.
There are four different types of prostatitis and these are chronic bacterial prostatitis, acute bacterial prostatitis, chronic pelvic pain syndrome, and asymptomatic inflammatory prostatitis. Chronic bacterial prostatitis is the most difficult to treat while acute bacterial prostatitis is the easiest.
In acute bacterial prostatitis the infection comes on very suddenly. Symptoms are acute chills and fever which are often accompanied by the presence of blood with the urine. Though this is the rarest of the four forms, this type of prostatitis can easily be diagnosed and treated. The treatment is a high dosage of antibiotics for a period of between 7 and 14 days followed by a lower maintenance dose for several weeks. Drugs are often prescribed for control of accompanying pain and discomfort.
Chronic bacterial prostatitis too is relatively rare; the only symptom being that it keeps repeating and does not come suddenly. A possible cause is a defective prostate which permits a collection of bacteria inside the urinary tract. The latest treatment for bacterial prostatitis involves using antibiotics for a long period of time. The course may range from four to 12 weeks. In about 60 percent of the cases this treatment is adequate. In cases that do not respond satisfactorily, continued antibiotics may be required in lower doses to control the symptoms.
In general, treatment of prostatitis is difficult. The reason is that many antimicrobial agents do not diffuse satisfactorily into the affected tissue.
More Articles :
- A List Of Good Bacteria
- Accute Bacterial Infection In Liver Transplant
- Bacterial Growth In Ro Water
- Bacterial Treatment Of Diseases
- Do Lipids Cause Bacterial Growth In Central Venous Catheters
- Four Stages Of Bacterial Infection
- Is Aids Caused By Bacteria
- Latest Treatment For Bacterial Prostatitis
- Milk Bacteria After Expiration
- Spice Bacterial Treatments For Export
- Spice Treatments To Reduce Bacterial Loads
- What Bacteria Does Cefizox
- What Helps Bacteria Grow
- What Kind Of Virus Infects Bacteria
- What Types Of Bacteria Grow On Bread
- Where Is Dna Found In Bacteria