As a long as is the history of mankind has been recorded, spices have formed an integral part of the diet of the people in the east. Spices have been used extensively to enhance the aroma and flavor of their food and as an active agent in preservation.
Spices come from various tropical plants, bushes and trees. Cinnamon for instance, is from the bark of the tree while mustard and cardamom are the seeds of a plant. Onion, garlic and ginger are the roots of plants.
Apart from their extensive use as condiments in food, there is another application which again has been exploited in the east for centuries. This is the healing properties of spices. Perhaps the exact reason how spices worked as a healing agent were unknown at the time, but the end-use has been prolifically recorded. Today, modern science has proved that spices have an antibacterial effect because of which they are used as an effective medication.
There appears to be a direct correlation between usage of spices in food and the incidence of bacterial contamination. Bacteria generally proliferate in a moist and warm environment such as is found in the tropics. The tropics are also the areas which are the natural home of the vast majority of spices. Spices are rare in the traditional diet of the peoples of cold countries. In such countries, the incidence of disease originating from bacterial infection is also comparatively low. And the opposite is equally true. The tropics are home to spice growing plants and the also the places where bacterial originating diseases are the highest.
Consequently the traditional diet of people who live in the tropics is high in the use of spices. In this application, spices inhibit the effect of harmful bacteria. It can, hence, be concluded that the application of spice treatment in various forms has a direct an impact on reduction of bacterial load.
More Articles :
- A List Of Good Bacteria
- Accute Bacterial Infection In Liver Transplant
- Bacterial Growth In Ro Water
- Bacterial Treatment Of Diseases
- Do Lipids Cause Bacterial Growth In Central Venous Catheters
- Four Stages Of Bacterial Infection
- Is Aids Caused By Bacteria
- Latest Treatment For Bacterial Prostatitis
- Milk Bacteria After Expiration
- Spice Bacterial Treatments For Export
- Spice Treatments To Reduce Bacterial Loads
- What Bacteria Does Cefizox
- What Helps Bacteria Grow
- What Kind Of Virus Infects Bacteria
- What Types Of Bacteria Grow On Bread
- Where Is Dna Found In Bacteria