The generic name of Cefizox is Ceftizoxime which is Cephalosporin antibiotic. Cefizox is used in the treatment of serious illnesses resulting from bacterial infection. It disrupts the formation of the cell wall of the bacteria causing it to rupture. The end result is the destruction of the bacteria.
Cefizox is effective only in bacterial infections and has no impact on illnesses originating from viruses. Indiscriminate use of Cefizox can build up an immunity which will render further use ineffective.
Before using Cefizox, care must be exercised to ensure that the patient is not allergic to any constituent it contains or any other cephalosporin antibiotic. The doctor should be cautioned in certain other conditions where the use of Cefizox may be detrimental. These are:
- Pregnant or breast-feeding women and those planning to conceive.
- If the patient is using any dietary supplement, herbal, prescription or non-prescription medicine.
- If the patient suffers from blood clotting problems, intestinal ailments or diarrhoea.
- If the patient is allergic to penicillin or penicillin related drugs.
- If the patient is allergic to certain foods medicines or other substances.
When using antibiotics, the best results are obtained when the quantum of medicine is held at a stable level in the body. This is achieved by controlled doses at regular intervals throughout the 24 hours. The dosage is determined by the degree of illness and the studied reaction. The medication should not be discontinued with signs of improvement. If latent bacteria are present, they could resurface resulting in a relapse.
More Articles :
- A List Of Good Bacteria
- Accute Bacterial Infection In Liver Transplant
- Bacterial Growth In Ro Water
- Bacterial Treatment Of Diseases
- Do Lipids Cause Bacterial Growth In Central Venous Catheters
- Four Stages Of Bacterial Infection
- Is Aids Caused By Bacteria
- Latest Treatment For Bacterial Prostatitis
- Milk Bacteria After Expiration
- Spice Bacterial Treatments For Export
- Spice Treatments To Reduce Bacterial Loads
- What Bacteria Does Cefizox
- What Helps Bacteria Grow
- What Kind Of Virus Infects Bacteria
- What Types Of Bacteria Grow On Bread
- Where Is Dna Found In Bacteria