Food poisoning mainly occurs when a person consumes pathogen infected food. This type of food may not smell bad or appear to be rotten however it is capable of causing food poisoning. Food poisoning symptoms typically start after a few hours of having food.
It can take anything from 2 to 6 hours for the symptoms to take over. In some people the symptoms are extremely painful and in some others it may be mild.
The typical symptoms of food poisoning are abdominal cramps, high fever, vomiting and headaches. Diarrhea may be caused sometimes and also result in bloody stools. It can be treated only using antibiotics and unless the bacteria are killed, the infection cannot be controlled and the symptoms do not stop.
Usually if the food poisoning is not very severe, the symptoms can be mild but when it is very harsh then the food has to be expelled out of the body one way or the other. Such people are taken into the emergency room and a tube is inserted through the rectum under local anesthesia and the food is flushed out. Then the remaining infection in the body is treated using antibiotics. However, it depends on how severe it is. Some types of infection can spread very rapidly in the body and even prove to be fatal for people. This typically happens when people do not have diarrhea as a symptom. Without vomiting and diarrhea, the infection continues to spread within the body and harming the whole system.
More Articles :
- How Long Does It Take To Get Food Poisoning ?
- Charcoal And Food Poisoning
- Food Poisoning Vs Flu
- Natural Treatment For Food Poisoning
- Symptoms Of Food Poisoning
- Effect Of Campylobacter Food Poisoning In Children
- Food Spoilage And Poisoning
- How Does Food Poisoning Effect The Government ?
- How Long Until Food Poisoning Symptoms Start ?
- Salmonella Poisoning Symptoms
- Symtoms Of Food Poisoning From Peanut Butter
- What Can I Eat If I Had Food Poisoning ?
- What Food Is Causing Salmonella Poisoning Right Now ?
- What Is The Cure For Food Poisoning ?
- What Kind Of Disease Is Food Poisoning ?