Today employers and employees are the major buyers of health insurance. They both are constant paying higher for medical interventions to diagnose and treat diseases that can be prevented. It has been seen that a majority of employees suffer from heart related diseases and strokes. These two diseases cost employees and employers thousands of dollars by way of higher health insurance premiums.
By having corporate wellness programs, you, as an employer or employee, will end up saying a lot of money in the long run. The advantages of corporate wellness programs are as follows:
- Employers who invest in these programs see a return of $3 to $6 for every dollar they invest over a period of 2 to 5 years.
- These programs ensure that money in saved in the area of medical costs, absenteeism, workers’ compensation claims, and short term disability. In addition, employees can no longer have lower efficiency levels because of health-related problems.
- A study shows that employees taking part in corporate wellness programs had 1.3 days fewer short-term disability claims each year compared to those who do not participate.
- These programs enhance and support a company or organization’s culture and core values.
- High quality fitness and wellness programs are known to important tools for employee recruitment and retention.
- If your wellness program contains a component of self-care and correct use of health insurance benefits, you will have more cost conscious employees.
More Articles :