- Agility: This is the ability to quickly and accurately change the direction of the entire body in space.
- Balance: This component of skill related fitness is the ability to maintain your equilibrium either when moving or remaining stationary.
- Coordination: This is the ability to use your senses and different parts of your body to perform motor tasks accurately and smoothly.
- Power: This is the amount of force a muscle in the body can exert.
- Reaction Time: This component of skill related fitness is the ability to respond quickly to a stimulus.
- Speed: This is the amount of time the body takes to perform a specific task.
Components of skill related fitness are quite different from the usual fitness. These components are essential and very helpful when someone is training for a particular skill or sport. In fact, once you train in these components, you body will respond to a specific stimulus with an adaption that is specific to that particular stimulus. For example, if you want to run for a marathon, you will train your body for muscular endurance and cardio-respiratory fitness. You will learn to train your body for these things rather than making power-lifting the basis of your training.
The basic idea is that the components of skill related fitness have to be trained with an end goal in mind. So, if you want to train for tennis, your training will be completely different than a sportsperson training for a marathon or athletics.
More Articles :