Doing aerobic exercise does not only help your heart but it also helps your brain. By doing regular aerobic exercise, you will notice that your depression goes away, you have more energy and your sleep improve.
While scientists and researchers are still trying to figure out why aerobic exercise has such a profound effect on the function of the brain, they agree that the exercise increase the flow of blood rich in oxygen to certain specific areas of the brain.
In general, it is a known fact that aerobic exercise improves the ability of the heart to pump more blood more effective and this automatically increases the ability of the blood to carry oxygen. This would explain why elderly people suffer from cognitive decline -- there is a reduction of blood flow to the brain.
However, aerobic exercise and brain are connected and you do have to suffer from cognitive decline as you age. Doing aerobic exercise will help to stop shrinking of the brain, a condition that first appears as you enter your 40s. Researchers know from all the studies that doing aerobic exercise regularly can, in fact, reverse this aging process. However, in order to benefit, you should go for at least a three-hour brisk walk in a week and this will increase blood flow to the brain.
As the brain ages, it experiences normal wear and tear which reduces is ability to process information. However, by doing regular aerobic exercise, you will help your brain to process information faster as the blood flow increase. Researchers have seen that people, who do aerobic exercise, show brain volumes of people three years younger and that also after just 3 months of regular exercise. This clearly proves the link between aerobic exercise and brain.
More Articles :
- Aerobic Exercise After Surgery
- Aerobic Exercise And Acne
- Aerobic Exercise And The Brain
- Can Too Much Aerobic Exercise Cause An Enlarged Prostate
- Disadvantage Of Aerobic Exercise
- Does Too Much Aerobic Exercise Lower Testosterone
- Effects Of Aerobic Exercise On Working Muscles
- High Heart Rate And Pulse Aerobic Exercise
- Should You Do Aerobic Exercise If Suffering From A Cold
- Walking Vs. Jogging For Aerobic Exercise
- What Are The 4 Most Important Aerobic Exercises