Aerobic exercise entails doing regular exercise wherein you use large muscle groups over a long period of time. Usually people do aerobic exercise to become fit and improve the cardiovascular system as the heart works more efficiently.
There are different types of aerobic exercises but the most common are walking, cycling, running, jogging, dancing, and swimming. In fact, any exercise which makes your heart pump faster and requires oxygen is called aerobic exercise. It is usually advised that a person should do aerobic exercise at least 2 to 3 times a week for minimum 20 minutes each time. This helps the heart to strengthen and improves blood circulation.
With all the benefits, there are also some disadvantages of aerobic exercise. The biggest disadvantage of aerobic exercise is that lean muscle from the body is wasted. Besides this the other disadvantages of aerobic exercise are mentioned below:
- People who are used to a sedentary lifestyle have discomfort when they start out with aerobic exercise. They suffer from joint and muscle pain when they start out initially.
- Aerobic exercise, if not done correctly, can cause muscle and joint strains and sprains.
- This type of exercise does not help in improving speed or power in people who are interested in sports.
- Aerobic exercise can lead to muscle tear and back pain. That is why balance is of utmost importance when doing the exercise.
- Aerobic exercise is not suitable for all people, especially those who are suffering from heart-related health problems. They have to check with their doctors before starting any exercise routine.
More Articles :
- Aerobic Exercise After Surgery
- Aerobic Exercise And Acne
- Aerobic Exercise And The Brain
- Can Too Much Aerobic Exercise Cause An Enlarged Prostate
- Disadvantage Of Aerobic Exercise
- Does Too Much Aerobic Exercise Lower Testosterone
- Effects Of Aerobic Exercise On Working Muscles
- High Heart Rate And Pulse Aerobic Exercise
- Should You Do Aerobic Exercise If Suffering From A Cold
- Walking Vs. Jogging For Aerobic Exercise
- What Are The 4 Most Important Aerobic Exercises