Testosterone is a sexual hormone found in men. Many men believe that doing too much aerobic exercise will enhance testosterone levels in the body. In fact, it has the opposite effect. Too much aerobic exercise lowers testosterone.
Doctors say that one workout should be a maximum of one hour, with the optimum being 45 minutes. If you do aerobic exercise longer than that, it will have a negative effect on your body. Too much aerobic exercise will start depressing the levels of testosterone in your body.
It is quite natural to ask does too much aerobic exercise lower testosterone because most men do not want to have lower testosterone as it affects their sexuality and libido. However, it is a vicious cycle as most men want to lose weight and feel good about themselves. This can lead them to overdo the exercise without realizing the consequences.
When you do too much aerobic exercise, instead of burning fat, you will start burning protein, especially from your muscle. As your muscle mass shrinks, your metabolic rate will drop along with your testosterone levels. This becomes a vicious cycle as the loss of muscle mass and testosterone level will, in turn, slow down your metabolism.
In order to gain benefits from aerobic exercise, it is important that you do not do too much exercise. Remember, too much aerobic exercise will lower your testosterone level and testosterone is a powerful hormone that can interfere with feelings of joy, confidence, drive and positive attitude among others.
More Articles :
- Aerobic Exercise After Surgery
- Aerobic Exercise And Acne
- Aerobic Exercise And The Brain
- Can Too Much Aerobic Exercise Cause An Enlarged Prostate
- Disadvantage Of Aerobic Exercise
- Does Too Much Aerobic Exercise Lower Testosterone
- Effects Of Aerobic Exercise On Working Muscles
- High Heart Rate And Pulse Aerobic Exercise
- Should You Do Aerobic Exercise If Suffering From A Cold
- Walking Vs. Jogging For Aerobic Exercise
- What Are The 4 Most Important Aerobic Exercises