Nearly everyone get the cold at least once or twice a year and during that period a person keeps wondering whether it is okay to do aerobic exercise. The reason for this is simple -- a person starts feeling guilty about not doing aerobic exercise regularly and is afraid that the hard won fitness will be lost.
So, should you do aerobic exercise if suffering from a cold? While some people prefer to take time off there are others who profess that by doing aerobic exercise, they can sweat out the cold and recover faster. But what do the medical professionals feel?
Research has shown us that doing aerobic exercise is beneficial for the immune system as it helps to fight the cold. However, when you end up doing high intensity aerobic exercise, you will end up suppressing your immune system and instead of getting better, you will make yourself feel worse.
Therefore, the answer to should you do aerobic exercise if suffering from a cold is that you should do low intensity exercise which will stimulate your immune system to fight the viral infection. Make sure that you do extremely light workouts or else you will be causing the cold to stay on longer than necessary.
Remember, if you have a runny or stuffy nose accompanied with sneezing, you should be doing aerobic exercise at half your normal intensity. You should see how you feel after 10 minutes. If you feel your head is clearing out, you can continue. However, if you feel worse, you should stop immediately and get some rest.
If along with the cold, you have chest congestion, you should not do any aerobic exercise. You will be putting unnecessary strain your lungs, which are already stressed out with the cold. This may end up making your recovery period longer than usual.
More Articles :
- Aerobic Exercise After Surgery
- Aerobic Exercise And Acne
- Aerobic Exercise And The Brain
- Can Too Much Aerobic Exercise Cause An Enlarged Prostate
- Disadvantage Of Aerobic Exercise
- Does Too Much Aerobic Exercise Lower Testosterone
- Effects Of Aerobic Exercise On Working Muscles
- High Heart Rate And Pulse Aerobic Exercise
- Should You Do Aerobic Exercise If Suffering From A Cold
- Walking Vs. Jogging For Aerobic Exercise
- What Are The 4 Most Important Aerobic Exercises