If you running a half marathon, one of the foremost questions on your mind would be how do I increase my speed when running a half marathon. This is quite true for many people who run the half marathon, as they have the strength and ability to finish the distance but fail when it comes to increasing their speed.
According to experts, interval running is one of the best ways to increase speed and it will help you to become a faster runner. Interval running involves increasing your speed over a set distance and once you become proficient in this, you will automatically notice an increase in your running speed. Here is how you can do interval running:
- If you want to increase your speed when running a half marathon, the first thing that you need to do is run many laps of short distances. This can be done on a track and you can start out with a distance of 400 meters to a maximum of 1,000 meters.
- In between the short repetitions, make sure you get the rest and you cool down by either walking briskly or jogging.
- Once you start doing this, after a few days, start varying the distance and the location. Instead of running on a track, start running on a road or in the park.
- Once you master the road or the park, it is time to change the location again. This time you should try running up a hill. Once you reach the top, jog down and start all over again.
- The idea is gradually increase the distance and speed as you continue running.
- Make sure you do warming up and cooling down exercises for a few minutes so that your recovery is faster and the lactic acid is removed quicker from your muscles.
Following the above tips should help you increase your speed for a half marathon.
More Articles :