Many people think that the key to running faster is to run more miles. However, this will be futile if you running a longer distance at the same pace. The only way to run faster is to run faster! Sounds confusing? Well, it is not. Here are some how to make to make yourself run faster tips.
How to Make Yourself Run Faster Tips:
- Before you start running faster, remember you will have muscle soreness. So, be prepared to feel out of breath and having burning leg muscles. Remember, the prize for this discomfort is speed, which is worth it.
- The first thing to do is increase your stride turnover. If you increase this, you will run faster. Initially run the distance you always do for around 30 seconds. Make sure that during this period, you are counting each time your right foot hits the group.
- Thereafter, jog for 30 seconds so that your body has time to recover and the lactic acid is removed from your muscle.
- Now try running again for another 30 seconds but this time try to increase the count of your right foot by one.
- Once you manage to do this, keep repeating it a few times.
- The next step is to again increase the count by another step.
- By increasing the count, you will gradually increase your speed.
- Make sure you take rest one day in a week so that your body gets the time to recover and you reduce the chances of injury.
- It will also help if you reduce your weight a little bit. Research has shown that a runner gets two seconds faster for every mile if he just loses a pound.
- Hill training is also very good to increase your speed. Run to the top of the hill and then jog back to the bottom. Your aim should be to do 3 to 4 repetitions in one week. However, your ultimate goal should be 6 to 7 repetitions in a week.
More Articles :