Herbs and spices are both derived from plants. They have curative properties and are also used in food preparations. Both are used to garnish or add flavor to the food that we prepare. However, there are several slight differences between herbs and spices.
One of the main differences is that herbs are essential green leaves or dried leaves and spices are in the form of fruits. Some of the example of spices can be cinnamon which is a bark of the tree; clove and examples of herb are thyme, rosemary, parsley, basil and so on. Spices are mostly derived from the roots, seeds and fruits of a plant. Herbs are necessarily herbaceous.
Spices tend to have a stronger flavor than herbs. Herbs are mild in taste and they add smell to the food that we prepare. Almost every civilization in the world use herbs and spices in their food items. Spices usually grow in warm and tropical climates. Herbs however are plenty and grow in various climates. Some plants give herbs and spices as byproducts. For example, the leaves may be used as herbs and the fruit or seed may be used as a spice. One of them is cilantro whose leaves are considered as herbs and seeds are considered as spices. There are several more plants that produce herbs and spices.
Most of the spices and herbs are grown in parts of Italy, China, Malaysia Thailand, and India and so on. Usually spices are very expensive to buy because they grow in small quantities.
More Articles :
- All Natural Herbs To Cure Herps
- Chinese Herbs Diabetes Control
- Chinese Herbs For Leg Pain
- Chinese Herbs To Lower Cholesterol
- Difference Between Herb And Spice
- Herbs For Hair Regrowth
- Herbs For Medical Use
- Herbs That Make You Feel Good
- How To Grow Herbs Indoors ?
- How To Use Spices And Herbs ?
- Japanese Herbs
- List Of Herbs And Their Uses
- Natural Herbs For Panic Attacks
- What Herbs Can I Take For Prostate Health ?
- What Herbs Contain Oxytocin ?
- Women And Herbs For Depression