The banana is of great nutritional value. It has a rare combination of energy value, tissue building elements, protein, vitamins and minerals. Vitamins and minerals are abundant in the banana. Bananas are a valuable source of vitamin B6, vitamin C, and potassium.
It contains vitamins such as vitamin A; and full range of B vitamins like thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6 and folic acid. It also contains vitamin C. In addition it consists of minerals ranging from calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorous, manganese with trace amounts of iron and zinc.
Nutritional charts for vitamins and minerals based on Percent Daily Values (%DV) for adults or children aged 4 or older, based on a 2,000 calorie.
The health benefits are numerous, due to the presence of these vitamins and minerals.
- Banana is known for promoting healthy digestion.
- The banana is used as a dietary food against intestinal disorders because of its soft texture and blandness.
- It is the only raw fruit which can be eaten without distress in chronic ulcer cases. It neutralizes the over-acidity of the gastric juices and reduces the irritation of the ulcer by coating the lining of the stomach.
- Bananas are of great value both in constipation and diarrhea as they normalize colon functions in the large intestine to absorb large amounts of water for proper bowel moments.
- Bananas are useful in the treatment of arthritis and gout.
- Being high in iron content, bananas are beneficial in the treatment of anemia. They stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood.
More Articles :