Low carbohydrate dietary programs are considered by people who want to control their weight or they are undergoing treatment for obesity. Theses diets are also considered for other health conditions such as diabetes and epilepsy.
In a typical low carbohydrate diet, the consumption of carbohydrates is restricted to 20 to 60 grams per day or less than 20 percent of the daily calorie intake. The consumption of protein and fat is increased to keep the total calorie intake same.
Fruits and Vegetables:
- Green beans
- Yellow squash
- Heavy whipping cream
- Half & Half
- Sour cream
- Cottage cheese
- Cream cheese
- Real butter
It is helpful to prepare barbecued meat or grilled fish to keep away the harmful fats. Barbecue sauce also needs to be of low carb. Keep away from preservatives. Cured meat is not considered beneficial for a low carb diet. Green leafy vegetable and fruits are fibrous carbohydrates. They contain more fiber and easily digestible. Potato, rice and pasta are examples of high starch carbohydrates. They have no place in a low carb diet.
More Articles :
- Carbohydrates Contained In Wine
- Fat And Carbohydrate And Protein Guidelines
- How Many Carbs Are In Vodka
- How Many Grams Of Carbohydrate In A Serving Of French Fries
- List Of Complex Carbohydrates
- List Of Low Carbohydrate Foods
- Low Carb Stew Recipes
- Low Carb Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
- What Foods Are Bad Carbohydrates
- What Foods Have Zero Carbohydrates
- What Is Carbohydrates Benedict Test