A teenage diet consists of junk food and this includes burgers, pizzas, hotdogs, chips, French fries and soda to name a popular few. Unfortunately the teenage harms of junk food is a neglected topic or it is something that most teenagers do not want to talk about.
But teenage harms of junk food can be short term or long term.
Teenagers have to realize and believe that a good and healthy diet direct affects the way they look and perform different activities. Teenagers will have better skin (it means no pimples or acne), shiny hair, strong teeth, better muscle tone and overall general health. They will also have more energy and strength to study and perform better in sports. Above all, they will not be overweight or obese.
However, from the looks of it, teenagers are not worried about health and well-being as long as they get their daily fix of burgers, French fries and soda. Junk food has no nutrition value and some of the teenage harms of junk food are as follows:
- By eating junk food, a teenager will not get any nutrients required for proper functioning of the body. This means that the teenager will always be tired and fatigued to do any work.
- A teenager will feel constantly hungry and weak due to imbalance created by the junk food.
- Junk food is full of fat and calories; a lot more than what is required for the body on a daily basis. This will get converted to fat deposit in the body.
- Being over-weight affects the flow of oxygen to the brain cells and this can adversely affect your concentration and memory.
- Consumption of high fat foods like French fries, burgers and pizzas lead to plaque formation in the arteries and as a result the heart has to work harder to pump blood. This can cause damage to the heart muscle leading to heart-related disease.
- Eating foods with high sodium content like what is in chips and French fries can lead to the teenager developing high blood pressure. This makes the teenager more prone to heart disease.
- High cholesterol level in junk food can damage the liver as it will not be able to process it. This cholesterol will flow in the blood leading to clogged arteries or heart disease.
- It has been seen that teenagers who eat junk food are more prone to mood swings and other behavioral issues.
More Articles :
- Ban On Junk Food And Soda In Schools
- Banning Junk Food In Middle School
- Common Junk Foods Eaten By Teens
- Does Extra Gum Help You Resist Eating Junk Food
- Effects Of Junk Food In School
- Experiments For Kids Comparing Healthy And Junk Food
- Junk Food And Adhd In American Children
- Negative Impact Of American Junk Food Culture
- The Teenage Harms Of Junk Food
- What Would Happen If Your Body Just Ate Junk Food