Although people tend to buy more chocolate during Valentine's Day, Christmas or Easter, it is still the all-season favorite of many people, especially kids. Kids just love chocolates and will just about do anything to get a bite.
You can buy your kids chocolates whenever you want but do take some time to talk about some cool facts about chocolate so that they become interested in knowing about this "food of the Gods".
Cool Facts about Chocolate:
- Chocolate is made from beans that grow in pods on the cocao tree. The beans are dried, roasted and then ground to give a paste known as chocolate liquor. This liquor is then processed further to give up what we know as chocolate.
- The cocao beans were used as currency by the Aztecs and Mayans.
- There are 500 different flavors present in chocolate.
- Chocolate contains lower levels of caffeine compared to tea and coffee.
- The Aztec believed that chocolate was an aphrodisiac.
- Chocolate contains antioxidants which are believed to prevent cancer and heart disease.
- The Swiss eat more chocolates than anyone in the world. An average Swiss eats around 19 pounds of chocolate each year.
- The favorite flavor in the US is chocolate.
- If you buy a bar of chocolate, it will stay good for a year.
- The world's first chocolate bar was created in England in 1842 by Cadbury's
- Scientists believe that when you eat chocolate, a chemical is released in your body that produces the same feeling as when you are in love.
- Manufacturers of chocolate use 20 percent of all peanuts in the world and 40 percent of all almonds grown in the world to make different types of chocolates.
- Chocolate can be mildly addictive.
More Articles :