Cyclobenzaprine is a tricyclic antidepressant compound which is used as a long acting skeletal muscle relaxant and analgesic. It is known to work by blocking nerve impulses (pain sensations) that are sent to the brain.
People are advised not to take this within the 14 day period after taking an MAO (monoamine oxidase) inhibitor. That is the time required for the MAO inhibitor to get cleared from the body. Otherwise it can give rise to life threatening side effects if it is taken when MAO inhibitor has not fully cleared from the body. People with heart ailment are also advised not to take this.
Some of the side effects associated with Cyclobenzaprine are as follows:
- Fast pounding or uneven heartbeats
- Chest pain, nausea, sweating
- Sudden numbness or weakness
- Sudden headache, confusion, problems with vision, speech, or balance
- Feeling light headed and fainting
- Confusion, lack of coordination
- Bleeding and weakness
Cyclobenzaprine is prescribed to relieve pain and muscle spasms. It is believed that the pain can be reduced by decreasing muscular spasm.
The basic drug test used by testing programs for work, school, sports and legal checks for five groups of substances such as cannabis, cocaine, amphetamines, opiates and phencyclidine. Cyclobenzaprine being a muscle relaxant and not coming under any of the five groups listed above. Hence, urine drug test does not include Cyclobenzaprine.
However, there are urine tests available that are capable of detecting the presence of more than 200 chemicals. The presence of any drug including Cyclobenzaprine can be detected through these tests.
More Articles :
- Do Urine Drug Test Include Cyclobenzaprine
- Formalities Of Positive Urine Test
- Freezing Urine For Clean Drug Test
- How Accurate Are Urine Tests For Uti
- How Long Does It Take Labcorp For Urine Tests
- Passing Urine Tests For Alcohol
- Sensitivity And Specificity Of Urine Pregnancy Test
- Urine Test To Measure Fsh Levels
- What Does 24 Hour Urine Test Show
- What Does Urine Analysis Test For
- What Do Life Insurance Do Urine Test For
- What Happens If A Lab Rejects A Urine Sample For A Drug Test
- What Is Sap Test Drugs Urine