Rogaine is one of the two drugs that has been approved by the US FDA for hair loss treatment. The other drug is propecia. The active ingredient in Rogaine is known as minoxidil and this ingredient was initially used to treat hypertension. It was only later that researchers found out that it was able to promote hair growth.
Thereafter, minoxidil was tested where it was used topically to see whether it would promote growth of hair. The test was successful and very soon the FDA had no problem in approving it as a treatment protocol for loss of hair.
When it comes to hair loss and Rogaine treatments, it is claimed that the product aids in stimulating hair follicles that have shrunken. On getting stimulated, the hair follicles increase in size. So, if Rogaine is used everyday, not only are the follicles stimulated, even the growth phase of the hair increases in duration. This helps to grow thicker and longer hair.
Rogaine is available as a solution that contains alcohol. It is available in 2 strengths, namely Regular that contains 2 percent alcohol and Extra Strength that contains 5 percent alcohol. People who are suffering from hair loss are advised to use the product 2 times in a day. According to surveys, regular Rogaine has a success rate of 30 percent to 40 percent, while the extra strong Rogaine has a success rate of 50 percent to 60 percent. The price of a two-ounce bottle is around $20 to $30.
It is important to note that Rogaine treatments are not meant to cure hair loss. Rather, they help to retain the remaining hair and making them strong and healthy. Also, it helps to reduce the rate of hair loss. The success of Rogaine hair loss treatment depends on how advanced the hair loss is.
More Articles :
- Can Progesterone Reverse Hair Loss ?
- Causes Of Hormonal Hair Loss In Women
- Does Weight Loss Cause Hair Loss ?
- Female Hair Loss Product Reviews
- Hair Loss And Rogaine Treatments
- Hair Loss And Thyroid Treatment
- Hair Loss In Old Women
- Hair Loss Male Multivitamins
- Is Hair Loss Sign Of Pregnancy ?
- Low Testosterone In Women And Hair Loss
- Man Estrogen And Hair Loss
- Natural Solution For Hair Loss In Women
- Price For Thinning Hair Product Treatment
- Products For Hair Loss Due To Chemicals