The baby boomers are aging and this is increasing the senior population in the US. However, the US health industry is facing a crisis as there the number of caregivers for the aging population is short. The older baby boomers and seniors do not want to be put into nursing homes. They want to age at home. At the same time, the number of nursing homes and assisted living facilities are not enough to house the growing elderly population of the US. This will also be the case in the future.More...
- Hearing Loss Increases Among Baby Boomers
- Guidelines for Quality Palliative Care Across U.S.
- Everyday Products Help Seniors Maintain Independence
- Nursing Home Abuse: An Issue You Should Be Aware Of
As we age, it is unavoidable that our eyesight will deteriorate. As a result seniors need brighter light to read, cook and do other household chores. Nonetheless, there are certain eye disorders that are more frequent during old age. Therefore, there are certain steps that seniors can take to either prevent the onset of these disorders or correct them before it is too late.It is important that seniors go for health checkups on a regular basis.More...
- Sitters Make Hospital Stay Safer And Less Lonely
- Adult Foster Care Family Home: An Alternative
- Lending Money To Children And Grandchildren
- Is Your Family Prepared If You Become Incapacitated?
- Boomers and the Workplace
- Housing Options: Seniors Residences or Complexes
All medical professionals or pharmaceutical companies agree that having too much acid in a diet can be one of the main causes for osteoporosis. Nonetheless, many scientific studies conducted by the University of California, San Francisco Department of Medicine and other institutes have show that having chronically highly levels of acid in the diet causes hip fractures and bone loss.More...
- Elderly Brains Benefit from Internet Lessons
- Nutrition and Immune Function in the Elderly
- Choosing Holiday Gifts for Alzheimer's Patients
- Seniors Returning to School: Myths About Older Adult Education
When it comes to emergency preparedness, older Americans have different concerns and issues that need to be addressed. Being prepared for an emergency can be the difference between surviving it and succumbing to it. You must have an emergency kit at home that should contain things that you would use for everyday basic needs. This kit should contain everything that you would need to survive for at least three days.More...