Most funeral services have Bible scriptures as these are considered words of comfort and strength to help the relatives and friends cope with their loss. Bible scriptures for funerals have a special way of cutting through all the grief we experience reaching our core to give us solace.
Especially for Catholic funerals, it is quite common to read Bible scriptures which are read by relatives, friends and the priest officiating the funeral service. Sometimes Bible scriptures for funerals are taken from the Old Testament and other times from the New Testament. Occasionally even scriptures from the different Gospels are reach during the funeral service. The decision as to which Bible scriptures for funerals should be read is taken by close relatives of the deceased in consultation with the priest.Bible Scriptures for Funerals:
Here is a list of Bible scriptures for funerals from the Old Testament and New Testament, which are quite popular and help people to get through the loss.
Popular Scriptures for Funerals:
- I Know That My Redeemer Lives from the Book of Job 19:1, 23-27
- He Accepted Them As A Holocaust from the Book of Wisdom 3:1-9 or 3:1-6. 9
- It Is Good And Holy To Think Of The Dead Rising Again from the second book of Maccabees 12:43-46
- Rejoice And Be Glad, For Your Reward Will Be Great In Heaven from the Gospel of St. Matthew 5:1-12
- Young Man, I Say To You, Arise from the Gospel of St. Luke 7:11-17
- 1 Corinthian 15.1-26, 35-38, 42-44a
- Revelation 21.1-7
More Articles :