When it comes to life expectancy with grade 4 tumor, it is very difficult to predict. There are over 200 different types of cancers and each type manifests itself differently. Usually grade 4 tumor refers to metastatic cancer, wherein the cancerous cells from the primary tumor travel through the lymphatic system or vascular system to infect another organ or part of the body.
Grade 4 tumor is not always terminal and at times it can be treated. However, remission can be difficult and this could end up reducing the life expectancy of the person.
When grade 4 tumor is not curable, the doctors concentrate on keeping the cancer under control through different therapies like chemotherapy, radiation therapy and surgery. These therapies can increase the life expectancy of patient and improve the quality of life. This means that just because a patient has grade 4 tumor, it does not mean that he or she just has a few weeks to live. Proper treatment can ensure longer life expectancy. In addition, life expectancy with grade 4 tumor is also dependent on how the patient responds to the treatment and how fast the tumor is growing.
If the cancer is aggressive and does not respond to the treatment, the patient will have just a few weeks or months to live. On the other hand, if the treatment helps the tumor to shrink, the patient can have a longer life expectancy. For instance, stage 4 breast cancer, which is the last stage of breast cancer and can spread to other parts of body, has a 5-year survival rate of 20 percent. Therefore, majority of women with grade 4 breast cancer will die within a few months to few years while others will beat the odds because their body responds better to the treatment.
More Articles :
- Down Syndrome And Life Expectancy
- Factors Affecting Medical Equipment And Life Expectancy
- Life Expectancy For Metastatic Disease
- Life Expectancy Of Men And Women Of Switzerland
- Life Expectancy Of Treacher Collins Syndrome
- Life Expectancy Secondary Bone Cancer
- Life Expectancy When Cancer Spreads From To Lungs
- Life Expectancy With End Stage Emphysema
- Life Expectancy With Grade 4 Tumour
- Life Expectancy With Heart Congestive Failure
- List Of Countries With High Life Expectancy