The American experience of mortality is different across the country. In fact, according to studies different ethnic groups have different mortality rates based on where each individual is living. For instance, an African American living is a high-crime part of an American city will live 21 years less than a Asian woman.
As per recent studies, African Americans who live outside inner cities and rural South will end up dying 5 years before those who live in urban and suburban areas dominated by Caucasians. These same studies also showed that groups who look similar tend to have differences. For instance, a farmer in the Great Plains will die four year after a farmer living in Appalachia or Mississippi Valley.
Researchers have found that one of reasons why there is an inequality among similar looking groups is because of the healthcare system. In the last two decades, all policies have been targeting children and the elderly. In the bargain the middle aged population has not got the proper healthcare service it requires. While child mortality rates and elderly life expectancy has increase with various programs like free vaccines for poor children and addition of Part F in the Medicare program, the middle aged population has been forgotten and that is why there is a big difference in the mortality rate of this population group.
American experience of mortality rate shows that Asian live the longest while African Americans men in urban areas have the shortest life expectancy. The strangest part of the study is that even when AIDS and homicides are removed, African American men living in urban areas still have high mortality rates. In fact, some of the biggest causes of mortality among urban African American men are heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, cirrhosis and serious injuries.
More Articles :
- Age adjusted Mortality Rate Graph
- American Experience Mortality Rate
- Current Morbidity And Mortality Rates Of Alcohol Abuse
- Hiv Impact On Child Mortality In South Africa
- Homelessness Morbidity And Mortality
- Impact Of Socioeconomic Factors On Child Mortality
- Infant Mortality Fever
- Mortality Of Turners Syndrome Babies
- What Do Hospital Mortality And Morbidity Meetings Do ?
- What Is The Current Mortality Rate Of Malaria ?
- What Is The Mortality Rate In United States ?
- What Is The Mortality Rate Of Crohns Disease ?