Low estrogen levels in women who are close to the age of 50 may be due to menopause and it is the most common symptom of menopause in women. Other possible causes for low estrogen levels are hysterectomy or removal of ovaries.
There are several symptoms that can be caused due to the low level of estrogen in women and most women have these symptoms during menopause. Most women feel extremely tired without exerting themselves during menopause and even otherwise if they feel this way, then it could be due to the low levels of estrogen production.
Estrogen is produced by the ovaries in the body and as a woman reaches the menopausal stage, the ovaries reduce their functionality gradually. This may cause the normal range of estrogen in a reproductive woman to fall drastically. However, it takes time for the woman’s body to adjust to the lack of normal estrogen level and adjust to the new levels. This period may last for 6 months to one year.
Other symptoms that women commonly complain of are hot flashes, head aches, lack of periods, dry skin, hair loss, weight gain, water retention, joint pains, depression, mood swings, anxiety and back pain. Some woman may even have all the symptoms which would almost confirm menopause and some woman may only experience one or two symptoms of these. However, once a woman starts getting hot flashes, she should immediately check with her obstetrician to see if it is a possible onset of menopause.
More Articles :
- Can Estrogen Really Make Men Grow Breasts ?
- Estrogen Levels After Nursing
- Estrogens Role In Coagulation
- Foods With High Levels Of Estrogen
- High Estrogen And Low Vitamin D
- Iodine Effect On Estrogen
- Post Partum Estrogen Levels
- Ranges Of Normal Estrogen Levels
- Symptoms Of Low Estrogen Levels
- Symptoms Of Too Much Estrogen
- What Happens When Men Take Estrogen ?