Divorce is nothing new, especially in recent times. People nowadays tend to call off their marriages more easily than before. In fact, statistics show that the rate of divorce has increased in the last few decades, and currently it is women who are taking the initiative to file for divorce.
Today, many people tend to get divorced more than once, and do not feel amiss about it. Some or the other causes have led an uncontrollable increase in the divorce rate. According to statisticians, the sharpest and biggest increase recorded was from 1960 to present time, when the rate of incidence per one thousand married women more than doubled. It was also reported that the rate of divorce has increased from approximately 9.2 per thousand to almost 21.0 per thousand. Many experts have tried to record the cause for marriage breakups, but they have not been able to pinpoint the exact reason.
Some of interesting figures for divorce according to age groups are as follows:
- People who are of age 20 and get married, 11.7 percent men are likely to get divorced and 27.6 women are likely to initiate the separation.
- 38.8 percent of men in the age group of 20 to 24 years are likely to get divorced whereas 36.6 percent women of the same age group are likely to move towards separation.
- In the age group of 24 to 29 years, 16.4 percent of women and 22.3 percent of men are likely to go for divorce.
More Articles :
- Can I Date While Going Through A Divorce ?
- Can You File For A Divorce Without A Lawyer ?
- Cause And Effect Of Divorce
- Current Divorce Rate
- How Divorce Has Negative Impact On Children ?
- Long Term Effects Of Divorce On Children
- Psychological Effects Of Divorce On Children
- Ways To Reconcile After A Divorce