A second marriage seems inevitable when the first marriage does not succeed despite the best efforts. A person goes into a second marriage with the hopes of finding his or her true love to spend the rest of their lives with. However, the fact that you have a broken marriage behind you, it should help you learn a few lessons so that you do not repeat your mistakes.
There are different sorts of problems when it comes to second marriage failure. Some of them arise when there is a child from the previous marriage. The child will take time to accept his new parent in his life. In fact, since he already has both parents, he may not accept the new person in his mother or father's life. Here, both the parents have to be co-operative with each other and with the child. It is very important that the new parent here does not feel like an outsider in the family. With time, they should also have a say in the child’s life even if they are not related to the child biologically.
There are also problems with regard to maintenance. When the ex-husband or ex-wife pays for the child or the spouse, the other partner may feel left out and may be unsure of what his or her role is. Another problem that may arise is also the facts that since the parties have been through a divorce, they may not hesitate to go through it again. This happens when they are not ready to forget and forgive. This is difficult as it puts the person in a situation where he feels that he is always right and it is always the other person who is at fault.
According to Psychology Today, nearly 60 percent of second marriages tend to be failures. And when the 10-year average married life is taken, second marriage failures are at 37 percent whereas first marriage failures are at 30 percent. So, when it comes to second marriage, a person has to work much harder to ensure its success.
More Articles :
- Biblical Advice Second Marriages
- Calculating Remarriage Waiting Period
- Can Divorced Catholic Remarry In Church ?
- Can I Legally Remarry After Getting A Divorce ?
- Divorce After 50 Remarry
- Do I Pay Child Maintenance If She Remarries ?
- Gift Ideas Wedding Second Marriage
- How Long After A Divorce Before A Man Is Ready To Remarry ?
- How Long To Date Before Second Marriage ?
- How Many Divorced Women Over Age 55 Remarry ?
- Odds On Second Marriage Failures
- Remarriage And Senior Adults
- Remarriage Wedding Idea
- Remarry In Your 60s
- Remarry Your Ex Spouse
- Senior Second Marriage Hints And Advice