Remarriage in the latter half of your life is an option that many are considering nowadays. There is nothing wrong in getting remarried in your 60s. It is no longer considered a taboo or a crazy idea. Even you are entitled to have a person in your life to love and cherish you for what you are.
It is not always that a person remarries in his 60s because he is a divorcee. Sometimes it could be due to the death of the spouse. This is when a person would feel lonely after having been with his spouse for so many years. There is nothing wrong in getting married again. Here, although, a difficult hurdle may be that of trying to convince your children. They may not understand why you need to remarry, especially after their father or mother has passed away. In worse cases, they may even feel it is an insult to their mom’s or dad’s memory. In such cases, you have to make your children understand why it is important for you to remarry. You could tell them that you are lonely and want companionship in the twilight of your life.
When you remarry in your 60s, you will also have to adjust to the children of your new spouse. The fact that you are old and an outsider may take time for things to settle down. But always try to mingle with your new spouse's family. This will allow the family to get to know you and accept you. In addition, be cheerful even when the grown up children are sulking about the marriage. They will come around once they see that their respective parents are happy in this union.
More Articles :
- Biblical Advice Second Marriages
- Calculating Remarriage Waiting Period
- Can Divorced Catholic Remarry In Church ?
- Can I Legally Remarry After Getting A Divorce ?
- Divorce After 50 Remarry
- Do I Pay Child Maintenance If She Remarries ?
- Gift Ideas Wedding Second Marriage
- How Long After A Divorce Before A Man Is Ready To Remarry ?
- How Long To Date Before Second Marriage ?
- How Many Divorced Women Over Age 55 Remarry ?
- Odds On Second Marriage Failures
- Remarriage And Senior Adults
- Remarriage Wedding Idea
- Remarry In Your 60s
- Remarry Your Ex Spouse
- Senior Second Marriage Hints And Advice