Usually dental implants are considered to be the best solution for missing teeth. The fact that they do not fall off like dentures ensures that the person has the confidence to eat, smile and chew as he pleases. In addition, implants are considered to be comfortable when compared to removable dentures, and do not pose any problems when speaking. However, sometimes, even dental implants can cause problems.
Here are some complaints about dental implants that people have complained about:
- One of the complaints about dental implants is peri-implantitis. This condition is an inflammation of the gums around the implant, and is cause due to bacteria. Peri-implantitis can cause bone loss, which result in the implants to become lose and fall off. The cure for this is using antibacterial mouthwash and maintaining good oral hygiene to ensure that plaque formation does not take place and food particles are not stuck around the implants.
- Some people suffer from nerve damage while the implants are being fixed. At times, the implants can also rest on the nerves causing extreme and excruciating pain. The only solution is to remove the implant in such cases.
- Sometimes dental implants can bend and break. This happens because they are made from metals. So, in such a case, the dentist will remove the broken implant and replace it with a new one.
- One more complaint about dental implants is that they can be loose. This happens when proper oesseointegration does not take place. Sometimes, even if the patient grinds his teeth too hard using a lot of force, it can result in the implants getting loose.
More Articles :
- Alternative To Dental Implant
- Complaints About Dental Implants
- Dental Implants And Complications
- Dental Implants And Mri
- How Dental Implants Work ?
- How Much Do Dental Implants Cost ?
- How To Get Insurance To Pay For Dental Implants ?
- Tips For Finding Cheap Dental Implants
- Types Of Dental Implants
- What Are Dental Implants ?
- What Is New In Dental Implants ?