When people have high cholesterol, they immediately think that they have a heart problem. But Can High Cholesterol Be A Symptom Of Something Else ?? The answer to this question is a definite yes. High cholesterol can denote some other underlying health problem.
Most people get high cholesterol because of bad and unhealthy diet, and hereditary. Of course the most obvious risk of high cholesterol is having a heart attack but people can also get strokes, which can leave them permanently or temporarily disabled. When people get strokes due to high cholesterol, they will have to undergo physiotherapy depending on the extent of the disability.
There is no doubt that high cholesterol is a symptom of bad diet. When eating food, you should always make a conscious effort to consume foods that increase the good cholesterol and decrease the bad cholesterol. Of course, regular exercise is important to ensure that your cholesterol levels are maintained.
So, Can High Cholesterol Be A Symptom Of Something Else ?? Yes, it can. If your diet is not a problem, then you should be looking at your genes. Many people get high cholesterol due to hereditary and these people need to take either statin drugs or look for natural methods to lower the cholesterol.
High cholesterol can also lead to arthrosclerosis, which thickening of the arteries due to fat and cholesterol deposits. If arthrosclerosis occurs, the blood cannot flow smoothly through the arteries and this puts more stress on the heart to pump blood more forcefully. Arthrosclerosis can lead to heart attacks or strokes, if not treated.
More Articles :
- Amount Of People With High Cholesterol
- Can High Blood Pressure Cause High Cholesterol ?
- Can High Cholesterol Be A Symptom Of Something Else ?
- Causes Of High Cholesterol
- Coconut Oil And High Cholesterol
- Foods To Avoid High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol And Hair Loss
- High Cholesterol And Natural Remedies
- Snacks For People With High Cholesterol
- Is High Cholesterol A Symptom Of Something Else ?
- High Cholesterol And Low Triglyceride
- Nutritional Supplements For High Cholesterol
- What Are The Effects Of Low Cholesterol
- Where Is Cholesterol Produced In The Body