High cholesterol and low triglyceride levels can due to many factors, which include hereditary, bad diet, age, leading a sedentary life, obesity and gender. However, there are many people who get high cholesterol and low triglyceride levels due to certain medical conditions like diabetes, hypothyroidism, kidney failure, liver disease and taking certain drugs like corticosteroids, anabolic steroids or progesterone.
People who have high cholesterol and low triglyceride levels due to a medical condition can heave a sigh of relief as the levels can be brought back to normal if the medical condition is treated. However, there are certain factors like age, hereditary and gender which you can have no control over.
Usually when doctors study the test results, they always look at cholesterol levels and many do not bother with the triglyceride levels. But a recent study by American Heart Association has shown the low level of triglyceride with high cholesterol is a time bomb just waiting to explode. In other words, people with high cholesterol and low triglyceride levels are at risk of developing heart disease as much as people who have high cholesterol and triglyceride levels, if not more. Of course, this topic is still up for a lot of debate and scientists are still not sure whether the triglycerides are an independent risk factor or when combined with cholesterol.
If you have any of the above mentioned risk factors that can increase your cholesterol levels, you should immediately get a test done and request the doctor to check your triglyceride levels. This way if you have high cholesterol and low triglyceride levels, you can ask the doctor what it means and what treatments are available for you to get both the levels back to normal.
More Articles :
- Amount Of People With High Cholesterol
- Can High Blood Pressure Cause High Cholesterol ?
- Can High Cholesterol Be A Symptom Of Something Else ?
- Causes Of High Cholesterol
- Coconut Oil And High Cholesterol
- Foods To Avoid High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol And Hair Loss
- High Cholesterol And Natural Remedies
- Snacks For People With High Cholesterol
- Is High Cholesterol A Symptom Of Something Else ?
- High Cholesterol And Low Triglyceride
- Nutritional Supplements For High Cholesterol
- What Are The Effects Of Low Cholesterol
- Where Is Cholesterol Produced In The Body