There are many nutritional supplements for high cholesterol which help in lowering the cholesterol levels. In fact, when it comes to nutritional supplements for high cholesterol, people tend to be more partial to herbal supplements as they do not have any side effects.
While the medical fraternity is divided in their opinion on nutritional supplements for high cholesterol, there are supplements like garlic which can actually help to bring back your cholesterol levels to normal, and there are supplements that you buy off the shelf which may have no effect.
It goes without saying that before taking any nutritional supplement for high cholesterol, you should run it by your doctor. Most good nutritional supplements will contain active compounds which may interact with medications that you are taking.
Some nutritional supplements for high cholesterol are as follows:
- Fish oil has benefited a lot people primarily because it contains omega-3 fatty acids and helps in bringing down the cholesterol levels. In addition, fish oil has anti-inflammatory properties that can help with infections and other aches and pains. But do not overdose yourself with fish oil tablets as high levels of omega-3 fatty acids can lead to excessive bleeding.
- Garlic has long been known to be an effective treatment against high cholesterol besides all the other medicinal benefits it demonstrates. However, the medical community is divided on the use of garlic for controlling high cholesterol as the evidence is insufficient.
- Soy products like tofu and soy milk are known to reduce high cholesterol levels but there is no concrete scientific evidence of this fact. Experts believe that when people shift to drinking soy milk instead of regular milk, they are actually reducing their saturated fats intake and this causes the cholesterol level to reduce and not the soy milk itself.
More Articles :
- Amount Of People With High Cholesterol
- Can High Blood Pressure Cause High Cholesterol ?
- Can High Cholesterol Be A Symptom Of Something Else ?
- Causes Of High Cholesterol
- Coconut Oil And High Cholesterol
- Foods To Avoid High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol And Hair Loss
- High Cholesterol And Natural Remedies
- Snacks For People With High Cholesterol
- Is High Cholesterol A Symptom Of Something Else ?
- High Cholesterol And Low Triglyceride
- Nutritional Supplements For High Cholesterol
- What Are The Effects Of Low Cholesterol
- Where Is Cholesterol Produced In The Body