Although heart attacks are seen more frequently in menopausal women, even young women can get them. According to the American Heart Association, nearly 40,000 young women in the United States get admitted into hospitals due to heart attacks. And we all know the symptoms of heart attack in women are different from those experienced by men.
Women and heart attack symptoms seem to be synonymous these days as most women do not experience chest pain at all when getting a heart attack. Therefore, if you are a woman, it makes sense to know heart attack symptoms so that you do not ignore them.Heart Attack Symptoms in Women:
Most women get subtle symptoms of heart attack and as a result many women think they are signs of aging. And, by the time they realize they are having a heart attack, it can be too late.
Women experience very vague heart attack symptoms which can include fatigue, disturbance in sleep patterns for up to 30 days before an attack and shortness of breath. Here are some of the common heart attack symptoms experienced by women:
- General feeling of discomfort
- Loss of appetite
- Feeling anxious for no reason
- Shortness of breath
- Feeling very tired without doing anything in particular
- Pain between the shoulder blades
- Experiencing discomfort in the chest
If you have any of the above mentioned symptoms, you should immediately seek medical help as this could not only save your life but prevent permanent damage to the tissues of the heart.
More Articles :
- 10 Signs Of Heart Attack
- Can Chest Pain Be Caused By Mold Exposure
- Chest Pain Patients In Triage
- Chest Wall Pain From Lifting Weights
- Health Symptoms Of Heart Attack
- Hospital Heart Attack Protocol
- Is There Any Health Problems After A Heart Attack
- Low Testerone Level And Chest Pain
- Severe Upper Chest Pain With Inhalation
- Women And Heart Attack Symtoms