When the right side of the heart fails to function normally to pump blood, the disorder is referred to as ‘Right Ventricular Heart Failure’. This condition is progressive and chronic. The muscles of the heart get weakened resulting in insufficient pumping of blood to different parts of the body. The bad blood, or deoxygenated blood, flows in the reverse direction to different parts of the body causing stroke in the right side of the body and congestion. The other ill-effects of congestion include enlargement of the heart, liver malfunction, or adverse effect on the limbs and gastrointestinal tract.
Early detection will prevent the disorder from getting acute and also avert death. The doctor will advice the patient to undergo certain tests like blood tests, X-ray of the chest, ECG or echo-cardiogram, CT scan, and MRI.
The treatment will be decided based on the severity of the disorder. Since congestive heart failure is usually a condition found in people already having certain disorders like high blood pressure, damage of the heart’s membrane, damage to the valves or heart attacks, the doctor may also prescribe medicines to treat an already preexisting disorder.
Medications like diuretics for reduction of fluid accumulation; Digitalis and Beta-blockers for strengthening the contractions of the muscles of the heart or ACE inhibitors may be prescribed. In severe cases, replacement of valves or heart transplant surgery may be recommended.
In order to avert occurrence a heart attack of the right side, one should take adequate measures like proper diet, regular exercising and rest. Vices like alcohol and smoking should be discarded for a healthy life.
More Articles :
- Asthma And Heart Failure
- Causes Of Congestive Heart Failure
- Clinical Manifestations Of Right Sided Heart Failure
- Congestive Heart Failure Information
- Final Stages Of Congestive Heart Failure
- Signs That Congestive Heart Failure Is Worst
- Stages Of Dying From Congestive Heart Failure
- Symptoms Of Advanced Congestive Heart Failure
- Treatment Of Right Sided Heart Failure
- What Is Congestive Heart Failure ?
- What Is Systolic Or Diastolic Heart Failure ?